We have three birthday girls today: Kristen Stewart, Leighton Meester and Elle Fanning! Who wore the coolest sunglasses?
Kristen Stewart wore her Persol sunglasses a lot a couple of years ago. She paired the subtle cat eyes with a white tee, black blazer and jeans for a simple and proper look. The actress turns 24 today.
Most of the time, however, Kristen is wearing Ray Bans. Both her and her former boyfriend, Robert Pattinson, love wearing the square shaped sunglasses, whether it’s Clubmasters (pictured) or Wayfarers.
Leighton Meester got married just a short while after turning 28 today. The Gossip Girl actress looks cute in the popular hexagonal Miu Miu sunglasses in gold, which she paired with golden jewelry and a strappy dress with bows.
Just after the show that made her famous ended last year, Leighton quickly chopped off her hair. The pictures of her in a bob, Uggs, gym clothes and Ray Ban sunglasses made rounds of the internet.
Elle Fanning posed for Marc by Marc Jacobs when she was just 13. Now that she’s 16, the controversy of her age is starting to fade, as she shows great talent as an actress & fashionista. Pictured here, she is wearing heart shaped Marc by Marc Jacobs sunglasses and a fur coat.
The teenage actress looks cute even in her red, round glasses. And her taking ballet lessons is just adorable – plus she seems excited about it!
Which actress wore the best sunglasses?
Pharrell turns 41 today, and we’re wishing him a happy birthday by checking out his sunglasses style:
1. Pharrell’s latest album, “Girl”, killed it in the charts and radios. The cover of the record features himself in a white bathrobe, wearing Thom Browne sunglasses, as well as three women in different sunglasses styles and similar bathrobes. His shades are available at Barney’s.
2. In 2013, Pharrell teamed up with Moncler for a line of sunglasses. The shades are made from a single piece of titanium, and they’re are round, square, shield shaped, and they come in different colors.
3. In this editorial from 2011, Pharrell rocked a pair of vintage Clubmaster sunglasses and a Polo Ralph Lauren outfit, looking sharp as ever. The mag called him a “Renaissance man” because of his diverse interests and talents.
4. There’s even a rhyme, so why wouldn’t Pharrell wear Chanel? The singer looks dapper in his red beanie, rectangular shaped sunglasses and denim jacket by Billionaire Boys Club.
5. The 24 hour video for Happy was a huge success. In one scene, Pharrell was wearing a red cardigan over a graphic tee, with matte clear sunglasses that looked super cool.
6. Back in 2009, Pharrell performed with N.E.R.D. at Glastonbury festival. He wore black sunglasses with mirror lenses on stage, even before mirror lenses were cool.
7. In 2009, Pharrell was interviewed by Playboy, and he wore a plaid shirt and geek-chic Tom Ford eyeglasses on camera. He described the brand as being on his must-have style list.
8. In 2011 in New Orleans, Pharrell showed off his taste in a white t-shirt and gray hoodie, a subtle Chanel necklace and a pair of blue-green sunglasses with mirror lenses. The skateboarder look was completed with a cap.
9. Pharrell often accessorizes his simple outfits with expensive accessories, such as this Chanel necklace. He toned it down with Ray Ban Wayfarers and a camouflage print cap.
10. Pharrell leaves Los Angeles at LAX Airport in late 2013, wearing a long cardigan over a t-shirt and jeans, layered necklaces, a gray fedora and cool black sunglasses.
The actor confirmed the engagement and showed off the diamond ring.
After his separation from Vanessa Paradis in June 2012, with whom he had a 14 years relationship, Johnny Depp soon became involved with his The Rum Diary co-star, Amber Heard. Everyone assumed it was just a fling, and fans were surprised to hear the rumors that the couple got engaged in December 2013. On Monday, the actor was asked once again if he was engaged, and this time he confirmed it: “The fact that I’m wearing a chick’s ring on my finger is probably a dead giveaway. Not very subtle,” he said laughing, and showing his diamond band on a finger. According to The Daily Mail, the ring he gave Amber was too big for her finger, so he started wearing it himself. He continued: “I think that I would be better at making women’s shoes than I would be at wedding planning, I can’t plan anything. I’m really bad at that stuff.” That’s ok, Amber will probably do all the work anyway.
Johnny Depp has been famously involved with women such as Winona Ryder, Kate Moss, Jennifer Grey and Sherilyn Fenn. He’s also been married once to Lori Anne Allison, for two years back in 1983. Meanwhile, Amber Heard, who is 23 years younger than him, often spoke about her sexuality as not being one way or the other: “I don’t label myself one way or another—I have had successful relationships with men and now a woman. I love who I love; it’s the person that matters.”
The couple will also meet once again on the big screen, for the movie London Fields, which will be released later this year. Amber is the main character, a femme fatale who begins a love affair with three different men, one of which is Johnny. Meanwhile, you can see her in 3 Days to Kill, an action movie featuring Kevin Costner, while Johnny is promoting Transcendence, a movie about a scientist who downloads his mind on a computer before dying.