The singer’s mother opens up about her daughter’s condition:
Ke$ha started 2914 on another foot than most people. The singer announced at the beginning of January that she wants to be able to love herself again, for which reason she is entering rehab for 30 days. It hasn’t been that long, and her mother is already speaking to the press about the eating disorder her daughter is facing. Pebe Sebert, Ke$ha’s mom, also went to rehab after her daughter did, for post-traumatic stress disorder. “I’ve watched my beautiful, self-confident, brilliant daughter be berated and ridiculed for her looks and weight to the point that she almost died,” she told People Magazine. “One time on a conference call, [her former manager] was screaming, ‘You need to lose weight! I don’t care what you do … take drugs, not eat, stick your finger down your throat!’”
Even though Ke$ha has had body issues ever since she was a teen, it’s when she launched into music that things started getting worse. The artist’s mom even claims her daughter had suicidal thoughts at a point. She blames producer Dr. Luke and her former manager, David Sonenberg, for her daughter’s bulimia, although both men denied the allegations. “I give Ke$ha my utmost support and well wishes for a quick return to health,” Dr. Luke stated.
Sebert says that all Ke$ha wants right now is to heal. “At this point, she doesn’t care if she ever makes a record again. She just wants to be healthy and happy,” she says. In just a few days, Ke$ha’s month in rehab should be over, and we hope the new beginning finds her well.
The supermodel turned 40 today, and her new book came out.
With a modeling career of over 25 years, Kate Moss is still on top of the game at the feared age of 40. Kate was discovered at 14, and has since been in the spotlight, whether it was for the modeling or for the scandals. Chris Roberts put together a new, illustrated biography of the model, with plenty of saucy details, which was launched yesterday, on the model's birthday.
Back in 1997, when she was already world famous, Kate Moss published another book, simply called “Kate”. It included the model's favorite pictures of herself, some never before seen, and it was a hit at the time. The new book, however, is more personal and revealing. It covers the supermodel's high and lows, including relationship with famous faces such as Johnny Depp and Pete Doherty, her cocaine scandal or posing with her brother, Nick, for Versace.
Although Chris Roberts has never met Kate, he thinks of her highly: “You won't find anyone with a bad word to say about her who knows her because a) they are friends, and b) there is this kind of fierce loyalty around her, there is a protective circle. There's a very kind of defensive, loyal circle to whom she is loyal to in return as long as they don't air her dirty laundry.”
A close friend of Kate's, Naomi Campbell told Vogue: “She's like my little sister, and 40 or not she's still my little sister,” Campbell said. “We even have nicknames for each other – but I don't think she'd want me to tell you! She's honest, loyal and straightforward. There's no bullshit. She's not pretentious in any way. What you see is what you get and I love that about her.”
Happy belated birthday, Kate!
The new mom tweeted her love for the designer:
Jamie King is super chic in a pair of jeans, plaid shirt, brown coat and < a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.glassesonweb.com/catalog/Prada_abpr/sunglasses/pr+23os_pid250290.html" target="_blank">Prada sunglasses, while her husband, Kyle Newman is a bit more casual in jeans and a tee, with < a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.glassesonweb.com/catalog/Persol_abpo/sunglasses/po0714_pid115898.html\" target="_blank">Persol sunglasses. The couple were spotted having Starbuck coffee, while on a stroll with their young son, James Knight. The family spent their Christmas day with Jessica Alba, who is James’ godmother, soon after they’ve been spotted joining Rachel Zoe and her family for brunch. The Hart of Dixie actress looks absolutely gorgeous after the pregnancy, even though James was just born at the beginning of October.
A recent tweet on Jaime’s account reveals the actress’ love for < a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.glassesonweb.com/catalog/Tory_Burch_abty/sunglasses" target="_blank">Tory Burch designs: “I have managed to wear at least one @
toryburch design everyday for the past month and a half. Thanks Tory and @EstherSong831!”, referencing a member of the Tory Burch PR team. Jaime has a lot of experience in the fashion industry, having worked as a model since she was just 15.
The new episode of Hart of Dixie airs on January 13th on CW.
Vanessa Hudgens turns 25 today and we’re looking at her best sunglasses moments over the years:
1. Clearly, Vanessa Hudgens feels at home at Coachella. Her boho-chic style fits the festival perfectly! Last year, she paired denim cutoffs with a crop top, long vest, bare feet, flower crown and round sunglasses. Very 60s!
2. Vanessa and Austin Butler look great together! For this romantic walk, the brunette wore a babydoll dress with over the knee boots and keyhole sunglasses, while her bf wore < a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.glassesonweb.com/catalog/Ray_Ban_abrb/sunglasses/rb3016_pid251288.html" target="_blank">Clubmasters and a cap, leather jacket and cropped jeans.
3. The actress’ dark hair is complimented by a pair of oversized, light brown sunglasses by Karen Walker, a style that looks stunning on her. They even feature a bit of glitter, which looks nice with Vanessa’s long gold earrings.
4. Even in 2009, Vanessa’s style was pretty defined. For a shopping day, she paired an oversized shirt with wedge sandals and < a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.glassesonweb.com/catalog/Ray_Ban_abrb/sunglasses/rb3025_pid219489.html" target="_blank">Ray Ban aviator sunglasses, bangles and a big bag.
5. Vanessa had shorter hair in 2012, which allowed her to show off her bone structure and cool sunglasses. Pictured here, she is wearing < a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.glassesonweb.com/catalog/Tom_Ford_abft/sunglasses/ft0198_pid233194.html" target="_blank">Tom Ford Campbell, with a monochrome ensemble.
Happy birthday, Vanessa!